Participants are limited to shelter/rescue organizations who are unable to provide veterinary treatment or management care to disabled dogs due to limited funds and resources. Shelter/rescue organizations are encouraged to participate as needed, we do not limit the number of dogs we support. We often reach out to these foster providers to offer our services. To be eligible, the shelter/rescue organizations must meet the following guidelines:
- Shelter/rescue organizations must be a nonprofit corporation formed under section 501(c)3 of the IRC
- Shelter/rescue organizations must provide an estimate of funds they can contribute per case
- Shelter/rescue organizations must provide all available medical records to date, including the initial diagnosis, prognosis, and recommended treatment if known
- Shelter/rescue organizations complete & sign an application per case
- Shelter/rescue organizations must commit to provide a plan to find a responsible caregiver and permanent home for the dogs we assist.
- Shelter/rescue organizations must be willing to work with a veterinarian/clinic KISS recommends
KISS Companion Application (KISS Companion Application)
You may submit the application and medical records separately, this allows us to expedite our review process. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Completed applications and supporting documents may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
K9’s in need of Special Support
303 Sutter Gate Lane
Morrisville, NC 27560
How to view the Companion Application:
The KISS Companion Application file is best viewed with Adobe Reader. If you do not already have a PDF file viewer, you can download and install a free Adobe Reader by clicking the following link. You will be transferred from this site to Adobe’s.